Here is one technique:
- Edit the View object, select the Java panel and check the "Generate View Object Class" and "Include bind_variable accessors.
- Edit the Client Interface and add the setMyValueBind() method to the interface.
- Select the Data Control panel and click the refresh icon to refresh the data controls.
- Find your view object in the data controls panel and expand it. You should see the setMyValueBind method under the list of attributes.
- Drag the method call over onto your task flow and add an EL expression to set the bind variables value.
- insert the method call into the chain of operations that execute prior to displaying the page.